Contrasts in Time
North Franklin St. 1920 and Today

Looking NE toward the N. Franklin Street bridge

The photograph above shows a view of the Franklin St. bridge from the water taxi. The Merchandise Mart (large building behind the bridge) was completed in 1930.

The Chicago Daily News photograph, linked to this page, shows a similar view taken in 1920 when the current bridge was opened and prior to the construction of the Merchandise Mart.