Contrasts in Time
North Michigan Avenue and East Wacker Drive Circa 1935 and Today

Photograph by John Mueller - courtesy of Susan Plets

The photograph above looks down from the building at 333 N. Michigan Avenue (built 1928). On the right side of the intersection is the SW bridge tender house of the Du Sable Bridge at N. Michigan Ave. Chris-Craft water taxis are visible at the dock. On the left side of the intersection is the London Guarantee & Accident Building (360 N. Michigan Ave - built in 1923).

A recent photograph taken of the same intersection is shown below. The 1920's vintage buildings are labeled and the SW bridge tender house is now the McCormick Bridge House and Chicago River Museum. The sidewalk at river level now extends under the bridge.